2011年8月7日 星期日

答案 (Music)

Here I am sitting at my desk staring at my computer. It’s about time that I posted something on my blog. I have some topics to talk about, but my mind has failed me like a crashed computer, with messy codes flashing and rumbling in it.

Ever since I invited two of my college classmates to my new place and chatted last week, I’ve been in a bit of nostalgic 懷舊(huai2 jiu4) mood. I started to look for songs of my college days when I log on to Youtube.

When I was in college, besides those prevalent English pop songs, I only listened to music written by 李泰祥(li3 tai4 xiang2) with modern poetry as lyrics. I love them till today. Well, I may as well call it a lazy day and introduce you a song, a very short modern poem.

The title of the poem/song is答案(da2 an4), the answer, by the poet 羅青(luo2 qing) and the singer, 齊豫(qi2 yu4)


天上的星,
(tian shang4 de xing xing)
為何像人群一般的擁擠呢?
(wei4 he2 xiang4 ren2 qun2 yi4 ban de yong3 ji3 ne)
地上的人們,
(di4 shang4 de ren2 men2)
為何又像星星一樣的疏遠?
(wei4 je2 you4 xiang4 xing xing yi2 yang4 de shu yuan3)

Why are the stars in the sky
So crowded like people?
And why are people on the ground
So alienated and faraway like stars?

My new place is on the top two floors of a building, with half of the top as a garden, where we can lie in the chair and watch the stars above. When it’s clear we do see a lot of stars. (And hear the croaking of frogs raised by my next-door neighbor!) I wonder if I can get my “answer” by watching those stars.

You can hear the song here:
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51yuTGncItA&feature=related

懷舊=怀旧
羅青=罗青
齊豫=齐豫
擁擠=拥挤: crowded
疏遠=疏远: alienated

沒有留言:

張貼留言